The New Albany Department of Parks and Recreation is located in an expanding community of 36,000 residents, one mile north of Louisville, Kentucky, and is currently accepting applications and resumes for a Superintendent of Parks and Recreation. The Superintendent of Parks and Recreation is responsible for the effective operation of all aspects of the Parks and Recreation Department, including planning, coordinating, implementing, and evaluating a comprehensive set of goals and objectives and organizes resources to meet identified recreation needs of the community.
The Superintendent will:
• prepare and administer the annual budget for all operations of the department
• plan and implement all capital and park development projects and construction
• research, prepare, and implement grant proposals and grant projects
• work with the Parks and Recreation Board to establish goals and objectives
• review mission statement for the department.
A Bachelor’s Degree in Recreation and Park Administration (or related field) is required to apply. A Master’s degree is preferred, along with at least five years relevant work experience and/or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities. Leadership, team building, oral and written communication, and public relations skills are required.