311 Hauss Square, Room 329
New Albany, IN 47150-3586
(812) 948-5333, phone
(812) 948-5325, fax
The building department conducts inspections on commercial and residential construction projects, as well as, locate and monitor un-safe and vacant structures for potential demolition and/or rehabilitation. We issue permits and licenses to contractors and manage the city’s code enforcement efforts, such as property maintenance and cleanliness of premises. The grass and weed control program is an added division of code enforcement that is managed through the building department and plays a vital role in our successful property management program. We serve as a resource to contractors, developers and citizens and provide assistance when needed in the areas of construction and code enforcement.
The building commission board members meet the first Monday of the month every other month at 5:00 P.M. beginning in January.
- Building and Improvement Location
- Request for Final Inspection and Certificate of Occupancy
- Certificate of Compliance for Individual Lots
- Homeowners Permit Application
To improve response time and accessibility we have instituted a code enforcement hot line number for citizens to call the code enforcement division directly and report a potential ordinance violation at 812-948-5309.
- David Brewer - Building Commissioner
- Robert Lenz - Building Inspector
- Ron Wolfe - Plumbing Inspector
- Roz Pickett - Building Department Administator
- Tim Teives - Code Enforcement Officer
- John Burger - Code Enforcement Officer
- Don Harshey - Code Enforcement Officer
- Mary Dodge - Code Enforcement Account Manager